Smart Food Benefits of Bell Peppers
Loading the player...Improve your health with bell peppers Sarah Ware, RD, Registered Dietician and Nick Pratap, BSc, Kin, Clinical Exercise Physiologist, talks about how healthy food and exercise, including bell peppers can help improve overall health.Sarah Ware, RD, Registered Dietician and Nick Pratap, BSc, Kin, Clinical Exercise Physiologist, talks about how healthy food and exercise, including bell peppers can help improve overall health.
Cooking Video : Windset Farms® Red Pepper Tomato Gratin
Loading the player...Windset Farms® Tomato Watermelon Salad Chef Dana Reinhardt from Windset Farms® makes Tomato Watermelon SaladChef Dana Reinhardt from Windset Farms® makes Tomato Watermelon Salad
Windset Farms® Red Pepper Tomato Gratin
- 4 Maestro® Bell Peppers
- 4 Roma Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 6 oz goat cheese
- 1 ½ cups panko*
- salt and pepper to taste
*Panko is a Japanese bread crumb available in the Asian specialty section of grocery stores.
- Pre-heat oven to 450ºF.
- Place peppers, whole, on a baking sheet and roast in oven until charred (about 20 minutes).
- Place roasted peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit until cool, seed and peel. Set aside. Turn oven down to 350ºF.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until lightly browned. Add garlic and herbs, sauté for 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together onion mixture, roasted peppers, capers and Roma Tomato slices. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Butter an 8″ x 10″ baking dish and layer half of the mixture from step 5. Top this with goat cheese and layer with remaining mixture. Scatter panko on top and bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.