Orthopedic Health Benefits of EggPlants
Loading the player...Healthy Eating - how eggplant can improve your diet Sarah Ware, RD, Registered Dietician and Nick Pratap, BSc, Kin, Clinical Exercise Physiologist, talks about how healthy food and exercise, including eggplants can help improve overall health.Sarah Ware, RD, Registered Dietician and Nick Pratap, BSc, Kin, Clinical Exercise Physiologist, talks about how healthy food and exercise, including eggplants can help improve overall health.
Cooking Video : Windset Farms® Eggplant Pepper Quesadilla
Loading the player...Windset Farms® Eggplant Pepper Quesadilla Executive Chef Ned Bell, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Eggplant Pepper Quesadilla.Executive Chef Ned Bell, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Eggplant Pepper Quesadilla.
Windset Farms® Eggplant Pepper Quesadilla
- 2 Adagio® Baby Eggplants
- 2 Maestro® Sweet Bell Peppers
- 1 cup grated white cheddar
- olive oil
- sea salt
- 1 chicken breast (optional), cooked
- 1 package small corn tortillas (whole wheat flour tortillas work also)
Ingredients Tomato Jam
- 1 lb Concerto® Grape Tomatoes
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Cut eggplants into quarts, lengthwise. Score with a knife to create deep cuts through the flesh.
- Drizzle eggplants with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in pre-heated oven for 25 minutes.
- Roast the Maestro® Bell Peppers in the same oven for 20 minutes, let cool.
- Peel and seed peppers and roughly chop until a chunky purée.
- Peel or ‘scoop’ the flesh of the eggplant out and finely chop it until it is puréed.
- Season with salt and pepper and add cheddar, mix to incorporate.
- In a small pot, bring honey, vinegar, water & sea salt to a simmer, turn off the heat and drop in Concerto® Grape Tomatoes. Let cool.
- To build the quesadilla, spread eggplant and roasted yellow pepper dip on face of a tortilla.
- Add Concerto® Grape Tomato jam to taste
- Fold and grill or bake until crispy – but not too crispy!
- Pack in lunch container. Send child to school. Take rest of day off. *You can add chicken or other meat
**Substitute cheddar if preferred