DIFFICULTY : SIMPLE TIME: 60 MINUTES SERVES: 6
These savory Cameo® Cherry Tomato Tarts will be a true crowd pleaser at your next brunch! The perfect combination of tomatoes, Ricotta cheese and pesto melt together making these simple tarts impossible to resist!
The Health Benefits of Tomatoes
Loading the player...The Health Benefits of Eating Tomatoes <p>The Health Benefits of Tomatoes: featuring <a href="https://www.healthchoicesfirst.com/practitioner-type/registered-dietician">Registered Dietician.</a></p>
The Health Benefits of Tomatoes: featuring Registered Dietician.
Cooking Video : Windset Farms® Tomato Tart
Loading the player...Windset Farms® Tomato Tart Chef Trevor Bird from Windset Farms® makes a Tomato TartChef Trevor Bird from Windset Farms® makes a Tomato Tart
Windset Farms® Tomato Tart
- 1.5 lb Cameo® Cherry Tomatoes on the Vine
- 1 pkg puff pastry
- 250g fresh ricotta cheese
- 100 ml pesto
- 4-6 Living Organic Basil leaves, torn
- Maldon salt or sea salt, pinch
- Drizzle olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Cut the puff pastry into a circle 4 inches wide and place on a baking sheet.
- Brush the pastry with an egg wash of equal parts egg yolk and water, and sprinkle lightly with salt
- Remove the Cameo® Cherry Tomatoes from the vine, slice the tomatoes in half.
- Place the prepared tomatoes on the puff-pastry, cut side up, in one layer, and sprinkle salt on tomatoes
- Bake the puff pastry with the tomatoes on a baking sheet for 15-20 minutes, until tomatoes have dehydrated and pastry has cooked
- Dress with a dollop of ricotta, pesto, and fresh Living Organic Basil leaves. Season the top liberally with salt. Enjoy!