DIFFICULTY : SIMPLE COOK TIME 5 MINUTES SERVES: 4
Inspired by a classic Salade Niçoise and fresh Windset produce. This salad makes for a perfect, filling summer lunch.
The Health Benefits of Cucumbers
Loading the player...Improve your health with bell peppers Sarah Ware, RD, Registered Dietician and Nick Pratap, BSc, Kin, Clinical Exercise Physiologist, talks about how healthy food and exercise, including bell peppers can help improve overall health.Sarah Ware, RD, Registered Dietician and Nick Pratap, BSc, Kin, Clinical Exercise Physiologist, talks about how healthy food and exercise, including bell peppers can help improve overall health.
Windset Farms Tuna Nicoise Salad Cooking Video
Loading the player...Windset Farms® Tuna Niçoise Salad Chef Dana Reinhardt from Windset Farms® makes Tuna Niçoise Salad.Chef Dana Reinhardt from Windset Farms® makes Tuna Niçoise Salad.
Windset Farms Tuna Nicoise Salad
- 2 cans Albacore tuna
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 Maestro® Sweet Bell Peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup Concerto® Grape Tomatoes, halved
- ½ Fresco® Long English Cucumber, chopped
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled and halved
- 1 cup baby potatoes, boiled and chopped
- 1/3 cup Niçoise olives
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- To make the dressing, whisk Dijon mustard, shallot, salt, honey and red wine vinegar together in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- In a small bowl, toss tuna with 3 tbsp. of the dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide salad greens, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, potatoes, eggs and olives among four plates and drizzle with the dressing.
- Top with the tuna mixture and serve.