DIFFICULTY : MODERATE TIME: 40 MINUTES SERVES: 4
Our caramelized and roasted Adagio® Baby Eggplant and Concerto® Grape Tomato enchiladas are a reason to celebrate.
Health Benefits of Eggplants
Loading the player...Healthy Eating - how eggplant can improve your diet Sarah Ware, RD, Registered Dietician and Nick Pratap, BSc, Kin, Clinical Exercise Physiologist, talks about how healthy food and exercise, including eggplants can help improve overall health.Sarah Ware, RD, Registered Dietician and Nick Pratap, BSc, Kin, Clinical Exercise Physiologist, talks about how healthy food and exercise, including eggplants can help improve overall health.
Cooking Video : Windset Farms® Caramelized Eggplant & Chicken Enchiladas
Loading the player...Windset Farms® Caramelized Eggplant & Chicken Enchiladas Executive Chef Ned Bell, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Caramelized Eggplant & Chicken Enchiladas.Executive Chef Ned Bell, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Caramelized Eggplant & Chicken Enchiladas.
Windset Farms® Windset Farms® Eggplant Pepper Quesadilla
- 1 Adagio® Baby Eggplant
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- small corn tortillas
Ingredients Pico de Gallo Salsa
- 2 cups Concerto® Grape Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1 cup Gusto® Hot Peppers, seeded and finely diced
- olive oil
- 1/8 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF
- Cut eggplants in half and roast in a 350ºF oven until very tender and caramelized (about 30 minutes).
- Peel the skin and smash up (or purée) the pulp. Season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Warm tortillas in the oven so they become soft.
- Roll tortillas with chicken, cheese and eggplant. Cover with more cheese and bake at 350ºF until cheese is melted.
*Enchiladas can also be made with beef or shrimp.
- Combine chopped tomatoes, onions and hot peppers. Add salt, cilantro, olive oil and lime juice.
- Pour over top baked enchiladas and enjoy.